In this episode I interview a practicing psychic. I ask her to answer questions about paranormal phenomena and what the basis of her belief is. I am joined by good friend Ben (pictured at Mt Hutt in NZ with me), who I discuss this with – in terms of Thomas Gilovich’s book How We Know What Isn’t So – The Fallibility of Human Reason in Everyday Life.
Here's the link to direct download: (47 mins & 22 mb) and you subscribe here: http://huntinghumbug101.podbean.com/feed/or by clicking one of the buttons below.
- Thanks to the American Bookstore – their coffee shop was closed but they let us bring in take away coffees from somewhere else anyway. Love those guys.
- Many major league baseballers have August birthdays.
- The TV show - The One. With skeptical judge from The Skepic Zone - Richard Saunders.
- The Young Australian Skeptics.
- The belief survey questions.
- My question on Yahoo Answers.
- Writing a review for itunes: http://www.askdavetaylor.com/how_to_vote_favorite_podcast_apple_itunes.html Go do it now @ Review us on iTunes
- Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/theoclark
And The Chaser with John Edwards: